Friday, December 6, 2013

On the Road!

Just a short note to let you know Bill and I are on our way to Big Bend National Park, and we're doing it in style!  No tent camping for us this trip...we are in the fifth wheel!  

Tonight, we stopped in Van Horn, TX at a Passport America park, Oasis RV Park.  At $15 for full hook-ups, this park is perfect for an overnighter.  It is a bit chilly though.  We're hoping things will warm up as we head south tomorrow.

We plan to be in Big Bend for 4-5 days...we're playing it by ear, and we don't expect to have any internet, so postings will have to wait until we emerge back into society.

This is the first winter I haven't worked.  You know, I think I'm really starting to like it!

 

5 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your report on Big Bend. We're scheduled to be there in January.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was tempted to go to Big Bend this week and then come back to San Antonio for Christmas with my family, Some of the roads between here and there are icy and it is supposed to be windy, so I decided to wait until later to visit Big Bend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH boy! I want to see what Big Bend looks like. Not working is absolutely wonderful. I know you will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look forward to seeing pictures. Hope the weather is good during your stay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were there in March. It was an amazing place. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete